I had a good conversation today with a fellow employee named Brian. The topic of the conversation ranged from health and food to lifestyle transitions. Brian was working for our company when I was hired nearly 3 years ago. He is 3 years older than I am and he would probably agree that he is in great shape. Brian is one of those individuals that has a healthy and confident disposition. He is a walking example of optimal health and the effects it can have on one's life.
Brian is passionate about this stuff and more than willing to help people along in making the transition to a healthier lifestyle. He immediately turned me onto a helpful tool to assist in menu choices:
I will be reading through this guide this coming weekend as I prepare for the next stage in my transition.
The 30 Day Challenge | Harnessing the Habits of Disease
The Doc is now turning our attention towards the harnessing of the power of habits and getting them to work for us rather than against us.
Day 9: Lesson 3: Harnessing the Habits of Disease
Direct link: Day 9: Lesson 3: Harnessing Your Habits
In today's exercise we were asked to experiment with breaking our own behavioral chains. At the very least, become more aware of the behavioral chains in our life that lead to Habits of Disease. I focused on one Habit of Disease that needs to be worked on.
Food and exercise are the pillars of my transition, healthy sleep habits provide foundations for both. I have decided to put an emphasis on the poor habits surround this aspect of my life because I believe it currently has a negative impact.
Day 9: Lesson 3: Harnessing the Habits of Disease
Direct link: Day 9: Lesson 3: Harnessing Your Habits
In today's exercise we were asked to experiment with breaking our own behavioral chains. At the very least, become more aware of the behavioral chains in our life that lead to Habits of Disease. I focused on one Habit of Disease that needs to be worked on.
| Links of the Chain | Ways to Break the Chain |
| Stay up late. | Set a bed time each night, get in bed at that time no matter what |
| Set my alarm an hour before I need to wake up. | Set my alarm for the time I need to get up. |
| Lay in bed and read for another 15 minutes before falling asleep. | Go right to sleep when I lay down. |
| Plan for a quick morning out of the house. | Plan a productive task for the morning, like working out, or writing a blog, or doing a chore. |
| Hit the snooze 5-6 times. | Get up! |
| Get dressed and go. | Plan a very detailed schedule for each morning. |
| Morning is offed to a rushed start. | Schedule, organize, and prepare. |
FOOD | Late Night Snack??
I woke up this morning with terrible gut pains, of the gaseous nature. Not sure what it was, but it threw my morning way off.
Here are my results for the day:
Once again I came in way under goal. I feel satisfied at the end of the day. At no point do I feel overly full of food raving hungry. Perhaps it is the gallon of water a day and loads of veggies...
Food Log Entries:
Overall, not a terrible day. The Insanity Elite Nutrition guide will be referred to as I construct my menu before the next trip to the grocery store.
I do have a love/hate relationship with the Biggest Loser game on the Xbox 360. I love the variety and surprise of the the workouts, they seem to be randomly generated. I do not know what to expect until it is upon me.
I hate the Kinect tracking in the game. It is designed to track your reps based on body movements. Well, it does a really poor job. It is a 1st gen Kinect game, I may have to explore other options. Regardless, I can still get an idea of how many calories were burned based on the intensity level and length of the workout.
As I am amping up for my exercise, I like to play FML by DeadMaus. I actually prefer the entire album, high bpm and close to no lyrics.
Food Log Entries:
I woke up with some terrible gut pains of the gaseous nature this morning. The pains have gone well into the morning. The only "new" thing I introduced to my diet yesterday was the sugar-free/fat-free pudding. I will have to test this theory later in the week.
6:15 - Glass of water on my way to work.
7:05 - Oatmeal and Peaches and a cup of coffee.
8:05 - Having a hard time waking up this morning, I think it is the gut issue. I wonder if the cup of milk in the pudding last night was the culprit?
9:30 - 1 Cutie Orange, busy morning.
10:15 - 1 Cutie Orange
11:10 - Chicken, spicy mustard, banana peppers and broccoli. NUm, num NUm.
2:00 - an apple.
5:10 - Had 1/4 cup of almonds, very good snack.
6:10 - Chicken in taco mix, with refried beans, onions, and mixed veggies.
8:30 - Was thinking about an after dinner snack, decided to have a glass of water instead. I feel satisfied, even though I am way under my daily goal.
Overall, not a terrible day. The Insanity Elite Nutrition guide will be referred to as I construct my menu before the next trip to the grocery store.
EXERCISE | Love-Hate
I am beginning to really look forward to my workouts. I am excited to bump the intensity level up.I do have a love/hate relationship with the Biggest Loser game on the Xbox 360. I love the variety and surprise of the the workouts, they seem to be randomly generated. I do not know what to expect until it is upon me.
I hate the Kinect tracking in the game. It is designed to track your reps based on body movements. Well, it does a really poor job. It is a 1st gen Kinect game, I may have to explore other options. Regardless, I can still get an idea of how many calories were burned based on the intensity level and length of the workout.
No comments:
Post a Comment