Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 18

It is Thursday.

The 30 Day Challenge | Choosing Optimal Health

Yes, health is a product of choices, these choices can ultimately lead to Habits of Health or Habits of Disease.  Dr A revisits how our choices play a big part in  how our habits are formed.  He expresses that small steps are easier to manage and are more likely to be sustainable.

DAY 18 Challenge: "Next Time" Actions

To continue breaking my connection to Habits of Disease, Dr A challenges me to write down ten recent choices that did not support optimal health.  He offers the Foundations of Health for guidance:


  • Healthy eating, including vitanutrient support
  • Healthy weight and a normal waist size
  • An active lifestyle, including a daily activity program, a walking program, strength conditioning, flexibility, agility
  • Recuperative sleep
  • Relaxation
  • A microenvironment of health
  • Well-being, including social activities, limited stress, a sense of purpose and meaning, spiritual health, and personal fulfillment
  • A support system


Once I have identified ten choices that did not support optimal health, I need to write down ten "next time" actions, the healthy choice that I plan to make the next time I face one of my ten opportunities to choose between a Habit of Health or a Habit of Disease.

This list was really challenging to come up with because I have been so on track the past 2-1/2 weeks.  This list would have been a cinch to write-up as the old me.

FOOD | Daily Limit Busted!

I finally went over my calorie goal for the day, first time since this journey began!  I had a hearty breakfast, added a piece of German wheat bread for more protein and carbs.

Here are my results for the day:


Food Log Entries:
Woke up at 4:15, morning routine felt great.  I think it is wise to avoid the late evening snack.  I need a new pillow, mine is so uncomfortable, a wise investment.

5:10 - Amazing Oatmeal medley with a cup of Blueberries and 1/4 cup of greek yogurt, a tbsp of flax, and a tbsp of bran. 445 cal, carbs-83g, fat-14g, protein-22g, fiber-21g.

7:50 - Awesome little snack for my Meal 2, carrots and dip, string cheese, and 4 slices of turkey.  Feeling good this morning.  Oh, and my daily cup of coffee.  I am no longer having a cup when I get home, I have found I do not need it now that I have adjusted my energy levels and intake appropriately. 

11:00 - Lunch consisted of leftovers from last night's dinner and 2 servings of steamed broccoli. Very good.  Feeling great today.

2:00 - Almonds and Oranges

5:30 - Fish Fillets, Mixed veggies, and cottage cheese.
A very good day, full of energy!  I could really afford to hit or slightly bust my calorie goal each day.


EXERCISE

No recorded exercise today.

No comments:

Post a Comment