Friday, March 15, 2013

Day 5


The 30 Day Challenge | Dreaming and Grounding

Today's email focused on the process of defeating the triggers that lead to Habits of Disease, the first step in replacing them with Habits of Health.

Before I move onto today's exercises I have to say, I am already feel better than I have in months!  My diet is both healthy and satisfying, this usually wasn't the case in the past.  My approach this time around does not have an end goal.  I keep telling myself that I would like to eat and workout like this indefinitely.

DAY 5 Exercise 1: List five lifestyle events that you'd like to experience. Next, list the habits that support or prevent these lifestyle events from happening.

My 5 lifestyle events I would like to experience (not in any particular order):
  • Pilot a float plane onto a lake in MN
  • Write a book (non-fiction)
  • A visible six pack (or something resembling it)
  • Swim to Madeline Island
  • Weigh less than 200 pounds
Supporting habits for the list above:

This applies to all 5: Getting a better grasp on my life, namely my physicality, will lead to increased mental acuity, leading to better management of time and resources.

Preventing habits for the list above:

I wish I would have listed this one yesterday under Habits of Disease, I have a terrible habit of hitting the snooze button.  5 sometimes 6 times.  This is a habit of disease that I need to wrangle in.  I have never been much of a morning person, but I am not longer allowed to make that excuse   I believe, if I begin to have quality mornings, my entire day will be better, leading to a better week and so on.

DAY 5 Exercise 2: List five habits that you rely on when you're upset, stressed, depressed, angry, sad, bored, tired, or overworked.


Habits that I rely on:

The first one that stands out is overeating, or poor eating.  For example, the past me found himself eating a bowl of ice cream to relieve the pain of financial struggles    I had a tendency to associate the comfort of food with stress relief.  My hope is to replace this with a physical activity.

The majority of my stress arises from money.  It can overwhelm me quit rapidly.  We currently operate a budget with room for little to no error.  The one reason I started the HaseGeld Blog is to assist in relieving some of this stress.

Over the past 2 months, I have been utilizing a life organization method call the The Secret Weapon Manifesto.  This has helped to reduce a lot of stress, as it is designed to free your mind of the little to dos in life.  I am still honing this to be habitual.

I have not considered this until now.  I have a habit of inviting people over as a way of interrupting my responsibilities.  There may be a more positive implication to this than a negative, as social interaction and relationships are very important and need to be maintained.  It is still a habit.

FOOD | Best Day Yet

I am feeling great!  Perhaps all of the garbage I have been putting in my body for months and months is being flushed out.

Here are my daily result:


Food Log Entries:
Good breakfast, Oats and peaches and a cup of coffee at 7:15.

32oz of water before 10am. 

Orange at 10am.

I feel more full of energy than I have in months.

32oz of water before 11am.

The boss took everyone out to lunch to celebrate the departure of an employee.  I had a chicken sandwich and tomato soup.  The menu selections were limited.  The meal was small and satisfying.  The portion was a little bigger than a standard lunch that I would have brought in.

I ate the rest of my peaches at 3:00.

I drank 24oz of water before 3:30.

I ate fish, rice, and broccoli at 5:05.

EXERCISE


I was looking forward to this work out!  It felt good to get my heart rate up for a small period of time.  One more step in the right direction!

1 comment:

  1. Five lifestyle events that you'd like to experience.
    My 5 lifestyle events I would like to experience
    • Climb Mt. Everest
    • Run and complete a marathon
    • Complete a tuff muder event
    • Become a black belt in Ju jitsu
    Preventing habits for the list above:
    Time and money. I have the will to do it but need to plan for the expense and make the time to do it.

    List five habits that you rely on when you're upset, stressed, depressed, angry, sad, bored, tired, or overworked.
    The majority of my stress comes from money as well as it probably does for most. When I’m stressed out and feel the burdens of life upon me I get out and do things that clear my mind like a run, going camping, a car ride, driving range, skiing, or even going to a movie by myself.

    ReplyDelete