Well, I am on my way to developing a new habit of health. I did not hit snooze this morning, I got out of bed shortly after my alarm went off, and dove right into my new morning routine. It felt great building a healthy foundation for my entire day.
I really think this transition marks a milestone in my life or at least a sign of the times. Shortly after I graduated from high school up until recently, my life was like that of a sporadic vagabond. I have always relished the unstructured approach to life, something was very appealing about it. I was afraid of having a 9-5 job and I enjoyed staying up as late as I could. If I had any structure in my schedule it did not last for more than the period of a year. The funny thing is, I have always surrounded myself with schedules, but they would always fail due to this lifestyle.
Times have changed, the next chapter of my life is underway. I am a father now, a home owner, and an individual that people rely on for their well-being. The vagabond lifestyle no longer works. In reality, the structure of the new life allows for a more organized routine. The structure and routine compliment my attributes and I strive when things are organized and scheduled.
The 30 Day Challenge | Where are you now?
I have been looking forward to the challenge today since Dr A first mentioned it. We get to take the Health Evaluation!
Health Evaluation
Click here to take Dr. A's Health Evaluation Questionnaire.
Questions:
Food Log Entries:
The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout is getting a little annoying at this point. I subscribed to 20 minute workouts 3 time a week at light intensity. The workout scheduled for last night lasted for 9 minutes, 3 of which were cool down stretches. I am not sure if this is a programming issue, or by design. Regardless, it was no where near enough. So, I did a handful of free range stuff to get my heart rate up. Sit-ups, push-ups tri-dips, jumping knee tucks, and some balance work on the ball. I find myself smiling as I work out, because I am continuously reminding myself of what I am working towards.
Health Evaluation
Click here to take Dr. A's Health Evaluation Questionnaire.
Questions:
- When you get your score, compare it to your estimate from last time. How far off were you?
- Are you less healthy than you expected to be?
- Where do we go from here?
My Answers:
- I scored a 89.76. This came as a bit of a surprise. My lifestyle has already changed considerably, and I guess when you look at the "cold turkey" approach to dropping my old lifestyle, it makes sense. I guessed my score was going to be 80 last week. Out of curiosity, I took the test as the old me (the guy from less than a month ago) and scored a -31.68. I am glad I switched tracks when I did.
- The scores that came up negative or 0 are things I am aware of and current working towards improving. According to this questionnaire, I am healthier than I expected.
- My score will increase significantly when I lose a lot of this weight and my work out routine matures. So, I will continue to do things as I am now with slight adjustments along the way.
FOOD | More food please
Ok, I am convinced that I need to start hitting my calorie goal for the day, or else. I really need to visit Brian's list of healthy protein rich snacks that will deliver some more calories. My body got really cold today, most likely because I had only consumed a combined 265 calories from MEAL 1 & 2. When I finally ate lunch, which was an hour or more over due, my body went into a mini-food coma. I got really hot and started to sweat a little. I know a lack of water is not the problem. This will be an ongoing experiment until I find some optimal balance.
Here are my results for the day:
Food Log Entries:
Alarm went off at 5:15, laid in bed reading some news feeds and weather. The morning routine went very well.The banana felt necessary, I had a decent workout that created an even larger calorie deficit.
6:00 - Peaches and oatmeal for breakfast. I drank 20oz of water with my meal, I will be drinking it with my stretch routine tomorrow morning.
8:50 - Carrots and dip, I realized this snack is only 60 calories, 13 grams of carbs, 0 fat, and 1 gram of protein. Perhaps I need to a string cheese or some other healthy snack.
12:15 - Fish, cottage cheese, and broccoli for lunch. A little later than expected, the wife's client canceled, and we stopped by the Sprint store to replace her phone. Lunch was good, and just in time. I was starting to feel a little low on energy.
1:00 - Feeling really warm and low on energy. I think MEAL 2 needs to consist of more. I was really cold between MEAL 2 and 3 and now I am really hot.
2:00 - Feeling back to my normal self, started drinking some water. I think the small MEAL 2 may be the problem. I really should shoot for 300 calories per meal.
3:05 - Greek yogurt and peaches, very good snack
6:00 - Citrus Chicken Recipe from the Insanity Guide. Good stuff.
8:00 - Banana
EXERCISE | The Rippin' & Tearin'
The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout is getting a little annoying at this point. I subscribed to 20 minute workouts 3 time a week at light intensity. The workout scheduled for last night lasted for 9 minutes, 3 of which were cool down stretches. I am not sure if this is a programming issue, or by design. Regardless, it was no where near enough. So, I did a handful of free range stuff to get my heart rate up. Sit-ups, push-ups tri-dips, jumping knee tucks, and some balance work on the ball. I find myself smiling as I work out, because I am continuously reminding myself of what I am working towards.
No comments:
Post a Comment