The 30 Day Challenge | Calories and Exercise
DAY 2 Challenge: Track all of the food and drink that you ingest in one day and note the calories in each. While you track your food, drink, and calories, track the energy that you expend.
Well, this is not much of a challenge. With My Fitness Pal, I am doing this anyways. If you have not been introduced to My Fitness Pal I highly recommend you check it out. www.myfitnesspal.com
Ok, I thought I was going to adjust things to meet my calorie goal. Something obviously went wrong. I think it is a combination of two things. The old me ate too much and the new food I am eating is much healthier and lower in calories. 1,000 calories a day for an extended period of time would definitely have a negative effect on my health. Luckily I have tomorrow to adjust.
Food Log Entries:
I am still getting the hang of the food log, I am sure I will refine this skill over time. I will mention, prior to the transition beginning, I was drinking a couple of cups of coffee in the mornings. The last two days I decided this was something I would stop doing. I really think the coffee would compliment the process, straight black coffee. So, I will be having a cup of plain black in the morning.
I was very drained for energy both today and yesterday. Hmmm, perhaps I need to consume more calories. I would prefer to maintain increased energy levels as well as lose the weight. The only way this is going to happens is by finding the optimal balance of intake and energy.
I began researching pedometer apps for my cell phone. My job has me walking around the office about 2-8% of the time, I figured it would be helpful to capture how many steps I am taking. I decided to try Accupedo. In the past, my phone has always sat on my desk. I forgot to pick it up today and stick in my pocket every time I left my desk. So, I did not get any accurate readings.
My wife gave the little one a bath today so I prepped myself for my first workout. I spent the majority of the time configuring the Xbox and setting up the game. By the time I was ready I was being beckoned for bed time. So, I did not work out, but all of the equipment is ready for tomorrow.
Well, this is not much of a challenge. With My Fitness Pal, I am doing this anyways. If you have not been introduced to My Fitness Pal I highly recommend you check it out. www.myfitnesspal.com
FOOD | Adjusting the new system
I went grocery shopping yesterday with my new diet in mind. Much of what was purchased was catered to what I will now be eating.
Ok, I thought I was going to adjust things to meet my calorie goal. Something obviously went wrong. I think it is a combination of two things. The old me ate too much and the new food I am eating is much healthier and lower in calories. 1,000 calories a day for an extended period of time would definitely have a negative effect on my health. Luckily I have tomorrow to adjust.
Food Log Entries:
Tried oatmeal with some Truvia this morning. The oatmeal could get old quick, so I am really looking for some variety. The truvia was surprisingly good.
If I continue to eat fruits as fillers, I think my energy levels will sustain. I am also considering the chewing of gum in between meals.
Canned soup (Progresso Light variety) will be my backup lunches when I have not prepared leftovers. A little hot sauce and a couple of croutons add some body to the soup.
Had a cutie orange at 1:35 today, along with a lot of water.
I am getting a wicked headache around 3:15. I think I have been sitting to long.
I am still getting the hang of the food log, I am sure I will refine this skill over time. I will mention, prior to the transition beginning, I was drinking a couple of cups of coffee in the mornings. The last two days I decided this was something I would stop doing. I really think the coffee would compliment the process, straight black coffee. So, I will be having a cup of plain black in the morning.
I was very drained for energy both today and yesterday. Hmmm, perhaps I need to consume more calories. I would prefer to maintain increased energy levels as well as lose the weight. The only way this is going to happens is by finding the optimal balance of intake and energy.
EXERCISE
I began researching pedometer apps for my cell phone. My job has me walking around the office about 2-8% of the time, I figured it would be helpful to capture how many steps I am taking. I decided to try Accupedo. In the past, my phone has always sat on my desk. I forgot to pick it up today and stick in my pocket every time I left my desk. So, I did not get any accurate readings.
My wife gave the little one a bath today so I prepped myself for my first workout. I spent the majority of the time configuring the Xbox and setting up the game. By the time I was ready I was being beckoned for bed time. So, I did not work out, but all of the equipment is ready for tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment