The 30 Day Challenge | Deciding What You Want
I am so glad I subscribed to this 30 day challenge. It is really expediting the transition process in my life all while adding some great tools to my toolbox of healthy living.
In today's lesson, I learn how to make changes that move my life forward-not by willpower, positive thinking, emotional manipulation, or other gimmicks, but by focusing on my most important goals and determining how to get there.
Lesson 5: Deciding What You Want
I start by reviewing my current reality from my health assessment yesterday.
In today's lesson, I learn how to make changes that move my life forward-not by willpower, positive thinking, emotional manipulation, or other gimmicks, but by focusing on my most important goals and determining how to get there.
Lesson 5: Deciding What You Want
I start by reviewing my current reality from my health assessment yesterday.
- My current Actual Health Score = 89
- My current reality = ?
- My current weight = 236
- My current BMI = 30
- My current waist circumference = Between 38-42 (I need to find my body tape.)
- My current activity level = 4
- My current energy level = 6
- My current sleep quality = 7
- My desire to improve, on a scale of 1-10 = 10
I am then asked to focus on what I desire in life and asked, what I visualize for myself. My answer:
Every time I eat something healthy, or more often, when I see something unhealthy, I visualize what the new me will look like in my mind's eye. When I am working out, I continually picture myself in optimal health. If I continually visualize the person I will be when I am at optimal health, I will eventually be there! How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!
What does optimal health look like to me?
Being a perfected human machine! :) Eating food the optimizes my health. Continually making choices that lean towards habits of health as an investment in my future self.
How will optimal health change my life?
I will be operating at optimal capacity. Everything I do will benefit from a life of optimal health. Everything!
FOOD | Late Night Carbs
Here are my results for the day:
I continue to come under my daily calorie goal...I have yet to meet it or exceed it.
Food Log Entries:
Food Log Entries:
Alarm went off at 5:10 this morning, laid in bed stretching, reading, contemplating the day. Got out of bed at 5:20, did my stretch routine, forgot to drink water. Was feeling very tired this morning, probably due to the workout last night.The after dinner smoothie was a bad idea. The blackened Caribbean jerk tilapia taco was amazing!
6:10 - 1 Cup of Egg beaters, fresh Onions, green peppers, and tomatoes, with a splash of Frank's red hot.
7:30 - Feeling drowsy this morning, my body is sore from the workout last night. I will be adjusting.
9:00 - After drinking a bunch of water and a cup of coffee, I feel a lot better, not as sore. Ate my carrots w/dip, and orange.
12:10 - Big salad for lunch, all sorts of fresh veggies, and a single can of tuna for dressing. Tuna makes for a great dressing.
3:00 - Almonds and an Apple (Cameo apple, like a braeburn only sweeter)
5:20 - Blackened Caribbean jerk Tilapia tacos, very good!
6:30 - Full fruit smoothing with a 1/3 cup of bran.
8:20 - What was I thinking...my dinner was not very big, but the fruit smoothie an hour later sent me into a food coma...I should know better. I am starting to get concerned about coming in so far under my daily goal. I need to reconsider some things.
![]() |
| Some home made Blackened Caribbean Jerk Tilapia taco. I will be making this again. |


No comments:
Post a Comment