Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 8

I hit a milestone today...I made it through the whole day without unbuttoning the top button of my slacks.  Usually they become very uncomfortable when I am sitting for extended periods of time, be it in the car or at my desk.  It wasn't too far in the past that I was able to do this.  Proof that I have gained weight and inches around the waist.  I am also on the last loop in my belt.  Time to find the body measure tape and start taking some readings.

The 30 Day Challenge | Changing Habits

Monday mornings email is all about breaking the habits of disease.  Dr A requests we take the next challenge and incorporate the Habit of Health that has us skip dessert.  Sounds good.  In my case, this might mean I cut meal 6 out as it usually happens around "dessert" time.

DAY 8: Identify three automatic routines or habits that cause you to graze mindlessly even when you're not hungry.

  • Watching a movie has been know to lead to grazing.  How can you watch a movie with out a cold beverage and bowl of popcorn?  Well, in the last year I can count the number of times I have sat through an entire movie on one hand.  If I were to schedule a movie today, I will have a very big glass of water and a SmartPop! individual size of popcorn.
  • Grazing at family or social gathers is all too common.  When there is a spread of food out, or bowls of this and that, it is always a time to graze mindlessly.  
  • If I have nothing mentally prepared for mealtime, I will have a tendency to graze.  The old me would always come home after work and immediately look for food.  I was going into a grazing frenzy due to poor meal plan and placement.

DAY 8: List ten daily choices that will support your health right now. (In terms of Habits of Disease)

  • Pushing snooze numerous times.
  • Staying up past my "bedtime"
  • Making excuses for not working out.
  • Letting myself get overly hungry.
  • Waiting too long too eat after waking up.
  • Tempting myself with crap food.
  • Sitting for extended periods of time.
  • Not stretching everyday.
  • Drinking more than 2 cups of coffee a day.
  • Not finishing my chores when I have scheduled them.

FOOD | Incorporating the new system

Nothing new and surprising today.

Here are my results for the day:

Food Log Entries:

6:15 - 24 ounces of water on my way to work.  Snow, snow, snow, the commute took an hour an 15 minutes this morning.  I really need to start checking weather the night before or get an app that reminds me.

7:45 - Oatmeal and Peaches for breakfast along with a cup of coffee.  Feeling energized this morning.  I can button my pants comfortably and am on the last hole on my belt.

9:50 - One Cutie orange.

12:15 - Rice, and left over pad thai chicken and broccoli.  I would have started lunch a little earlier, but I have been in training all day.

4:00 - Ate an apple when I left work, I waited too long after lunch.

5:00 - Had a serving of craisans and a cup of coffee.

6:00 - Enjoyed my left overs for dinner.  A mash of a bunch of stuff. Refried beans, rice, broccoli, chicken, and onions, all mixed up.

8:40 - Enjoyed some sugar free-fat free chocolate pudding, 1/2 a cup, only 180 calories.

The pudding was a good low calorie snack.

EXERCISE


I did not record any exercise for the day.

1 comment:


  1. DAY 8: Identify three automatic routines or habits that cause you to graze mindlessly even when you're not hungry.
    • Sorry buddy but thus is not an issue for me. I eat simply when I’m hungry.
    DAY 8: List ten daily choices that will support your health right now. (In terms of Habits of Disease)
    • Staying up past my "bedtime". I usually go to bed at 10 when I should be a 9
    • Buffalo wide wings
    • Not working out in the morning. I just can’t seem to get the energy that early in the morning.

    ReplyDelete