Realigning priorities.
My father always expressed to me as a young adult, the importance of relationships. We grew up in a household that placed high value on relationships. As time progresses and life consumes that time, our relationships change. In some cases we simply do not have the resources to nurture them. Relationships need to be maintained, revisited, and in some cases completely rebuilt. People change, environments change, and priorities change.
Much like our relationships with people, the priorities we define in our lives have relationships with many other aspects of our lives. Our priorities have relationships to our actions, our thought processes, our final decisions, as well as other defined priorities. When one maximizes their priorities to focus on an optimal life, a torrent of other things are effected.
The transition I am going through has forced me to realign my priorities. In doing so, the past relationships to my old priorities have collapsed. It seems as if changing one big thing has effected so many of the small things, and in a great way.
For example, my wife apologized to me the other night after making a batch of cookies. I was not phased by the cookies. They didn't even tug at my emotional strings. Why? My mind set of optimal health, which is in direct relationship with my priority of maintaining an optimal life, challenged any previous emotional tie to the cookie and won. In the past, the relationships between my priorities and the desire to eat that cookie were very strong.
In the past, my priorities did not support an optimal life, even when I was working out with a goal weight in mind. The last time I shed weight, my priority was to lose weight to look good on my wedding day. I was loosely following weight watchers, counting calories (points), and still eating junk, just less of it. My calorie deficit is what led to the shedding of the pounds. My priority did not have optimal health in mind. My priority did have strong relationships with decision making processes that supported poor health.
It is about making health a priority because it holds strong relational ties to so many other beneficial things in our lives. This is all part of being a well balanced individual.
The 30 Day Challenge | Share This Challenge
A word from the Doc:
Start the challenge now: CLICK HERE!
Food Log Entries:
I am glad I skipped the late night snack, had a glass of water instead.
When I was finished with my workout tonight I was expressing to my wife that something is very different this time around. In the past I was working out because I needed to, this time around, I am working out because I want to. The difference is huge!
I also feel like the rusty bike that just needed to be ridden around the block once or twice. Now that a lot of the rust is knocked off, the gears have been lubed, and a tune up has been made, I am ready for some off roading. My workout routine will be steadily increasing in intensity and duration over the next couple of weeks.
I also added a new section to the blog, a photo journal. I took the first pictures tonight, boy do I have a lot of room for improvement. I am excited to witness the transformation!
Taking strides toward a healthier lifestyle feels good, doesn't it?I will be mentioning the 30-day challenge to any one interested in starting the journey to an optimal life.
These small changes can be achieved by anybody, and today I urge you to share this challenge with your friends, significant others, co-workers and acquaintances. Many people genuinely desire to live healthier, but few have been exposed to a program or process that addresses the core of their health: their habits.
Encourage them to take the 30-Day Challenge with you, and tell them what you have learned and experienced so far. Tell them about the little rush you feel when you get to the top step, and explain to them the role that habits play in their lives.
Their involvement will not only benefit them, it will make your participation easier, as well! With the support of a friend, saying no to unhealthy choices will become easier, and you will have somebody to hold you accountable to your commitment..
Everything is easier with some emotional support, so use this day to get those around you involved in the challenge. Give a friend a call or a Facebook message. Invite them to take a journey toward Optimal Health.
Start the challenge now: CLICK HERE!
FOOD | Time to go shopping
Brian provided me with all sorts of useful tools this week, I started perusing through them with intentions of building my menu for the week. More on that tomorrow.
Here are my results for the day:
Food Log Entries:
7:15 - Yogurt, an Apple, and dry oats for breakfast. A lot of carbs, I will offset that with lots of water.
10:25 - Beef Jerky, carrots, and fat free dip for my mid-morning boost.
12:40 - Left over chicken mexican mix. I am on-call and my phone has been ringing all morning.
3:50 - Yogurt and an orange, good combo.
6:30 - Tilapia fillets, cottage cheese, refried beans and green beans. Was a good amount of food.
9:20 - Considering a late night snack, I am almost 300 calories under my daily goal. But, decided water was the better choice.
I am glad I skipped the late night snack, had a glass of water instead.
EXERCISE | Bring it On
I am getting pumped up about my workouts. I did the Xbox Biggest Loser workout and was not completely satisfied. My wife was still giving my daughter a bath so I started doing sit ups. Those moved into 3 sets of tricep dips and push ups. I was feeling good.When I was finished with my workout tonight I was expressing to my wife that something is very different this time around. In the past I was working out because I needed to, this time around, I am working out because I want to. The difference is huge!
I also feel like the rusty bike that just needed to be ridden around the block once or twice. Now that a lot of the rust is knocked off, the gears have been lubed, and a tune up has been made, I am ready for some off roading. My workout routine will be steadily increasing in intensity and duration over the next couple of weeks.
I also added a new section to the blog, a photo journal. I took the first pictures tonight, boy do I have a lot of room for improvement. I am excited to witness the transformation!
No comments:
Post a Comment