Sunday, March 17, 2013

Day 7

As a person with a passion for all things aviation, I have attended numerous airshows.  Some of the most memorable demonstrations I have witnessed include: 

  • The B-2 bomber flying center stage in "stealth mode" 
  • Two A-10 Warthogs in a simulated attack run 
  • The AV-8B Harrier Jump Jet hovering center stage doing a 360

And the most memorable:

  • The Blue Angel's C-130T "Fat Albert" performing a JATO (Jet Assisted Take Off.)



The 2nd post in the HaseFit blog, titled The Past, contained an image of an aircraft failing a take off. This of course serves a metaphor for all of my previous attempts at making a healthy lifestyle change.  Well, I am sure you can guess what the photo in this post represents.  This is how the first 7 days of this transition have felt.  I have blasted off the runway!

The positive ramifications of my transition have already begun to develop.  Just today, my wife expressed that she thinks I am far more attractive as the new me.  At which point, I lifted my shirt and grab a large chunk of stomach between my hands and asked, "Is this what you are referring to?"  The obvious answer is no.  She has noticed the change in my attitude towards all things.  She has noticed an increase in my motivation and energy levels.  She finds it attractive because it directly effects her life as well as the future of our children's.  This is a huge, positive booster, and so early in the transition!  The first patch of sunshine in the IMC (see previous post.)  Thank you dear!

My goal weight for weigh-in this week was 244. Weigh-in is every Sunday, first thing in the morning. I weighed in at 247.6 last week.  The scale read 240.6 this morning!  I know 7 pounds in 1 week is not considered healthy, that is why my goal was only 3 pounds less.  I do not plan on maintaining this rate of weight loss.  However, If I can maintain the levels of energy I have had this week and lose this kind of weight with out becoming malnourished, I am all for it!  My goal for next Sunday is 238.

The 30 Day Challenge | Week Two Preview

The email this morning was an introduction into what we will be covering this coming week.  The main focus of the week appears to be strategies to remove the Habits of Disease.

FOOD | More Un-routine

Nothing overly exciting today.  I plan on researching a variety of ways to prepare fish, I love me some fish. 

Here are my results for the day:

Food Log Entries:


8:30 - A glass of water, a cup of coffee, and oatmeal with a chopped up apple and 1/4 cup of non-fat yogurt.  The yogurt served as a good moistener and sweetener   I feel great, I got up this morning moments after I first awoke.  In the past, I would be inclined to sleep in as long as I could.

10:30 - Half a peach and a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese.  I feel a little more full than I should. I do not feel as if I drank more water than normal.  Perhaps my breakfast could have held me over for another hour.

1:00 - Chicken, Peas, Carrots and Rice.  I put half of the serving back, I wanted to take a couple more bites, but decided not to.  The past me would have completed the entire thing and been uncomfortably full for a while.

4:00 - Half a peach and 1/2 cup of Non-fat yogurt.

6:30 - 2 fish fillets and a cup of broccoli.

9:30 - 1/2 of a banana, 1 cup of yogurt, and 1 mini bag of Smartpop!
I should mention, last Thursday I started having a cup of plain black coffee before dinner.  This has been giving me the edge in the evening that I have been looking for.  The commute home can be so draining.  I will continue to look for the optimal solution.

EXERCISE | Sore Muscles, about time.


I got another 20 minute session in with the Biggest Loser on the Xbox.  This one had me on the floor doing push-ups and planks.  My heart rate increased considerably and I was sweating to match. I am beginning to love the workout again.

No comments:

Post a Comment