The 30 Day Challenge | Lesson 2: The Power of Habits
Giving you a new diet or a new workout plan does nothing to address the triggers that fuel your Habits of Disease. -Dr. A.
There was no exercise or challenge associated with today's email. So, I took it upon myself to identify a couple of habits of my own, one habit of health and one habit of disease.
One Habit of Health that I will be developing over the next 12 weeks is working out when my wife is giving our children baths. I love working out at home, I get to work out in my boxers! No sticky, sweaty workout clothes to wash or hours wasted in transit to the gym. I have intentions of moving into more advanced workouts after 12 weeks, there is no way I could jump into P90X right now, I would kill myself.
One Habit of Disease cable that I need to break, the desire for crap food. This is a mental game all the way. It becomes really challenging in social environments. I have a habit of telling myself it is ok to eat garbage when I am with others, whether that is a party or out to dinner. There are always healthy alternatives. I need to seek these out and make a habit of it.
FOOD | Adjust for the unexpected
At no time was I overwhelmingly hungry or full. My body was telling me my energy levels were good, yet my daily calorie intake was 354 under the daily goal.
Here are my results for the day:
Food Log Entries:
Due to weather, my commute took 1 hour and 45 minutes. My large 24oz glass of water, that I have been drinking on my way to work was gone within the first 30 minutes. I started to doze off shortly after that.
Ate a bowl of oatmeal and peaches at 8:30 this morning. Very good.
It was a busy morning, I finally got to eat a snack at 11:00am, a cutie orange.
I enjoy my fish, rice, green bean, and hot sauce lunch at 12:00. I was starting to run low on energy and decided I had better get some fuel.
I ate the rest of my peaches at 2:45.
I had leftover re fried beans and chicken at 4:20. It was just the right amount! I thought it was not going to be enough.
I enjoyed a cup of vanilla yogurt and a banana at 7:30 as my 6th meal. An hour later, I was crashing, I think the 6th meal had too many carbs and my body reacted negatively. I will have to rethink this approach.
EXERCISE
No recorded exercise today.

Habit of Health- I feel that I’m a rear gem when it comes to habits of health because everyone I know and live with eats complete crap. Woman I’ve dated will eat carp food and it still doesn’t affect me. I’ve tried the whole getting up at 4, 5, and even 6 in the morning to work out but my body just won’t allow it. Because of this I’m an evening guy and have the most energy hours before bed which is when I work out and can push myself the most. Trying to get into a habit of working out before work is still and work in progress and is a routine I would like to get into.
ReplyDeleteHabit of Disease-For me it’s that I don’t have anybody to work out with. I’m very good a pushing my limits but anyone who has ever ran before knows that it’s nice to have a partner to run with which helps with pacing yourself. Also, not having a person to get one more rep out of me when I’m tired using free weights is something I could use.