My goal weight for weigh-in this week was <220, an expected loss of 1 pound or more.
This past weekend my wife was looking to bake some cookies with brewer's yeast as an ingredient. Brewer's yeast and milled flax are known to assist with lactation. I picked up a bottle at GNC. While I was checking out, they provided me with a free membership, along with a bag of goodies. One of those goodies being the Muscle & Body magazine.
I weighed in at 217.8 this morning!
A loss of 3.2 pounds! It looks like a pattern is emerging; lose 1-2 lbs one week, lose 3-4 the next week. Out of curiosity, I added some extra calculations to my weigh-in numbers:
- Total weight lost from initial weigh-in on March 9th, 2013.
- The average weight lost per week since the initial weigh-in.
This past weekend my wife was looking to bake some cookies with brewer's yeast as an ingredient. Brewer's yeast and milled flax are known to assist with lactation. I picked up a bottle at GNC. While I was checking out, they provided me with a free membership, along with a bag of goodies. One of those goodies being the Muscle & Body magazine.
The new me is all about sucking up information in regards to optimal health, so I read the magazine later that day. The magazine is about 80% ads for GNC products, with 9 actual articles. The cover model, a guy by the name of David Morin, is the spotlight of the last article "Meet David Morin." In the section titled DAVID'S PHILOSOPHY, there were a couple of things that stood out.
• “To master many things, you must master one: you! Your character is your destiny, the seat of conscious decision-making turns into choice, which expresses your core being.”• “I tend not to evaluate life in terms of good/bad but in terms of healthy/not healthy. Life and its quality boil down to everyday choices we make as individuals. Taking time to dispel fact from fiction helps to clarify personal choice and empower individual actions toward health and well-being.”• “Hold yourself accountable for each day; they add up to the sum of your life’s work.”• “Allocate most of your day to the probable successes of pre-existing relationships (i.e., work, exercise, home, social). Then focus part of your day on wild possibilities, the ‘give it a shot’ mentality. Remember, to experience what you never have, you must do what you have never done.”
I absolutely love the first philosophy,
To master many things, you must master one: you!
This is an amazing way to look at things. This is the mistake I have been making for all these years; I never mastered myself. For the first time in over 30 years, I know I am on the path to personal mastery! By mastering myself, a torrent of other things in my life will follow in the wake. I am excited about my future!
My 2 weeks of family leave (for the new baby) really upset my daily routines. After a week and a half of being back at the daily routine I have had a chance to reflect on what went wrong. This is what I came up with:
Routines cater to habit development and retention.
Through this lifestyle transition I have found the most successful way of developing my habits of health are through daily routine. Routine that is predetermined, on my schedule, in my face, hosting alarms, etc. I am glad the past two weeks have introduced me to breakdown in my routines. Our routines cater to our habits, without routine our habits will suffer.
No comments:
Post a Comment