Day 33: Beat Cravings
Journal
The blog is my journal! The Doc is asking that I add the following pages:
Page Two: Write down your goal and the secondary choices that support that goal. You can use the detailed description that you created in previous lessons.
Done, see hasefit.blogspot.com/2013/ 03/day-17.html
Done, see hasefit.blogspot.com/2013/
First Page of Each Week: Write down a goal for the week, such as “I will eat a small, low-fat meal every three hours” or “I will wear my pedometer and take 5,000 extra steps every day this week.” Give yourself a reward for reaching your weekly goal, such as a fitness magazine, a book, or running shoes.
I have not been doing the weekly goal, perhaps this is something I can include in my weekly review. My nightly routine does include me making a short list of tasks I want to accomplish the following day. I have been giving myself rewards at weight milestones. When I hit 220 I purchased a digital food scale. When I hit 200, I will be required to purchase new clothing, I am already drowning in the stuff I have. I like the idea of tracking my steps in a day. Runtastic has a great pedometer app for the Android that I started using this week. The app automatically syncs up with MyFitnessPal.
I have not been doing the weekly goal, perhaps this is something I can include in my weekly review. My nightly routine does include me making a short list of tasks I want to accomplish the following day. I have been giving myself rewards at weight milestones. When I hit 220 I purchased a digital food scale. When I hit 200, I will be required to purchase new clothing, I am already drowning in the stuff I have. I like the idea of tracking my steps in a day. Runtastic has a great pedometer app for the Android that I started using this week. The app automatically syncs up with MyFitnessPal.
Each Week: Enter the following into your journal:
The times you eat | MyFitnessPal
The foods you eat | MyFitnessPal
How much water you drink | MyFitnessPal
Any learning experiences | Weekly Reviews on my Blog
Types of exercises you enjoy | Weekly Reviews on my Blog
The amount of weight lost that week | Weekly Reviews on my Blog
How you feel before and after you eat | MyFitnessPal
Better choices for next time (if applicable). | Weekly Reviews on my Blog
You can also use your journal to plan out your entire day, what you plan to eat, when you plan to eat it, when you plan to exercise, when you plan to go to sleep, and so on. Having this plan, coupled with the other journal exercises, will help you to beat cravings by keeping you motivated and on target.
Sounds like my weekly meal planner, weekly workout schedule, and my complete utilization of Google Calendar. My phone is always reminding me of my morning and evening routines. Building and refining healthy habits baby!
Beat Cravings With A Plan
Choosing an activity over eating is especially helpful when you’re dealing with a stressful day and looking for comfort food. Get away from the areas that cause the stress and take a walk, listen to music, or choose from your chore list. It may also help to ask yourself whether the action you’re contemplating supports your primary choice to reach a healthy weight.
To help you beat your cravings, write down 10 activities that you can do around the house or office when you feel stress or a craving. Note these activities in your journal.
- Drink Water
- Do 5 Push-ups
- Yard work
- Drink Water
- Physical play with the kids
- Get up and walk around and stretch
- Drink Water
- Listen to music
- Update my food journal
- Picture my future self in my mind's eye
- Drink Water!
My cravings have been put under tight wraps many weeks ago. The small meals/snacks (of quality food) every 2-3 hours have really been the key. Never uncomfortably full or hungry! I like to keep my Ghrelin(stomach Gremlins) under control.
No comments:
Post a Comment