My goal weight for weigh-in this week was 213, an expected loss of 1.4 pounds.
I weighed in at 212.6 this morning!
A loss of 1.8 pounds! My goal for next weigh-in is 211! I turn 31 on June 21st, if things continue as they have, I should be at my goal weight by then! Lets see, 4 weeks at 2-3 pounds a week, I will be cutting it close. :) For sure by the 4th of July!
Wow, this week was a little wacky. I was expecting to see a weight gain when I got on the scale this morning. I get seasonal allergies that tend to hit me really hard this time of the year. My theory, they hit me this week, but had little effect. Why? Because I am too damn healthy. That's my story and I am sticking to it. Regardless, I felt a little off my game all week. I did have a glass (2-3oz.) of red wine on two different nights. Perhaps that little bit of alcohol was enough to throw me off, I doubt it though.
I have to admit something...there are some foods that I have been missing. Movie theater popcorn, beer, and an "unhealthy" juicy grilled hamburger with cheese and the fixins'. Am I losing sleep over this? Absolutely not. I can not even classify these as cravings. However, I have made a deal with myself. If there is a list of food items that are appealing to me they will go on the Food Vacation List. The food vacation list will contain items that are only eaten on rare and special occasions. Much like a vacation, you only visit these places very rarely. For example, my wife and I go to see movies in the theater once or twice a year (now that we have 2 under 2.) It is reasonable to have my unhealthy tub of popcorn smothered in butter (or whatever the heck that yellow substance is) twice a year. When I am in my prime at optimal health, this list may not even be appealing. However, it acts as a great control. My daily diet is defined, the vacation list gives me the
Perhaps I am just going through a phase and this unhealthy food miss-me-pageant will subside in short time. There is a good chance my subconscious is associating fat hamburgers and beer with the recent warm weather. More on all of that later as the story unfolds....
Oh, I am building a cave man gym. I cleaned out the garage in preparation last week, more on that later.
No comments:
Post a Comment