Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it. -Greg Anderson
My goal weight for weigh-in this week was 211, an expected loss of 1.6 pounds.
I weighed in at 210.4 this morning!
A loss of 2.2 pounds! My goal for next weigh-in is 209!
I am a little concerned, the smallest pants I own now fit me. :) I can not recall the last time I fit in a 34" waist. The belt that was too small to use 12 weeks ago, is now the only belt I use, and I am already up to the 5th loop. I am going to have to go shopping soon. I am glad I kept a lot of my smaller clothes around, I am wearing a lot of stuff that has not seen use in years.
People have really started to take notice of my weight lose. Over the past week I have received a dozen or more comments on the new look. The majority of people ask what diet I am on. I like that I am able to say I am not on any diet in the conventional sense. I am simply eating healthy and working out, the weight-loss is a by-product of my new lifestyle. Eventually my body will hit an equilibrium or my calorie intake will increase because my workout regime grows.
So, this lifestyle transition has been doing great things in my life. It represent the fringe of so much more. I am setting my goals very high and know that if my approach is enveloped in a day-by-day frame of mind, I will reach them. I want to be the ideal man. I want to master many things. I want to leave a legacy for my children.
I have been barraging myself with non-fictional self-help/motivational audio books over the past 2 months. The most recent one I completed was Science of Self Discipline by Kerry L. Johnson. Mr. Johnson explains the importance of surrounding ourselves with visual models of where or what we would like to achieve. This principle upholds the practices required to reach said goals. I mentioned this to my wife. She went through our honeymoon and cruise pictures from over 5 years ago, printed a bunch off, and posted them all over the kitchen. This is her motivation. I on the other hand will be posting pictures of King Leonidas from Frank Miller's 300. My intentions are to go as King Leonidas, the King of the brave 300 for Halloween this year. My wife will be Queen Gorgo the Queen of the Spartans.
People have really started to take notice of my weight lose. Over the past week I have received a dozen or more comments on the new look. The majority of people ask what diet I am on. I like that I am able to say I am not on any diet in the conventional sense. I am simply eating healthy and working out, the weight-loss is a by-product of my new lifestyle. Eventually my body will hit an equilibrium or my calorie intake will increase because my workout regime grows.
So, this lifestyle transition has been doing great things in my life. It represent the fringe of so much more. I am setting my goals very high and know that if my approach is enveloped in a day-by-day frame of mind, I will reach them. I want to be the ideal man. I want to master many things. I want to leave a legacy for my children.
I have been barraging myself with non-fictional self-help/motivational audio books over the past 2 months. The most recent one I completed was Science of Self Discipline by Kerry L. Johnson. Mr. Johnson explains the importance of surrounding ourselves with visual models of where or what we would like to achieve. This principle upholds the practices required to reach said goals. I mentioned this to my wife. She went through our honeymoon and cruise pictures from over 5 years ago, printed a bunch off, and posted them all over the kitchen. This is her motivation. I on the other hand will be posting pictures of King Leonidas from Frank Miller's 300. My intentions are to go as King Leonidas, the King of the brave 300 for Halloween this year. My wife will be Queen Gorgo the Queen of the Spartans.

No comments:
Post a Comment