Sunday, July 7, 2013

Week 17 Review

My goal weight for weigh-in this week was 202, an expected loss of 1 pounds.

I weighed in at 200.8.

A loss of 2.2 pounds. My goal for next weigh-in is 200 or less! 

Man, these 17 weeks have flown by.  Waaaay back in week 3 of my transition I set some pretty high goals,  See day 17.  I am now mere days away from accomplishing my first, to weigh less than 200 pounds.

1st Goal | Weigh less than 200 pounds.
Reason: This is part of maintaining optimal health.  I am currently overweight.
S | Weigh less than 200 pounds
M | Weight is a measurement of force exerted on a body by gravity.
A | Well, due to the nature of this transition, I have no goal end date.  I will attempt 2 pounds a week. If I am successful with that rate, I should be under 200 by the 4th of July.  Neat, I may feel comfortable taking my shirt off at the lake.
R | From the research I have done, this goal is realistic. It will become more challenging as I approach 200.
T | The time line, continue doing what I am doing.  Making small adjustments as necessary.  Continue with the self reflection via my blog.  Develop and hone my habits of health.  Etc.

I stated that this goal should be reach by the 4th of July.  So, I may miss it by a week.  No big deal.  I have managed to lose an average of 2.75 lbs a week over the past 17 weeks.  I have been walking around the house more with no shirt on....I have a tendency to stop in front of the mirror to admire my accomplishments thus far.

I am a little concerned that I will not be able to stop the weight lose in the an attempt to seek out the balance of body fat and weight.  It is comforting to know that I can begin to turn my focus away from the numbers on the scale towards my muscle mass and body fat percentage.

Seeing as I have almost accomplished my first goal, I should point out my second; get my blood pressure down to a maximum of 120/80.  For all I know, I have already achieved this.  I will have this reading taken in the next couple of weeks with high hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment