The 30 Day Challenge | Secondary Choices
In today's email Dr A. focuses on what is referred to as a structural tension chart. This is a method of comparing your current state to a desired goal and filling in the steps between the two, ultimately connecting the two.
We were asked to build a couple of these charts from the list created yesterday. I sat staring at the list for 10 minutes unable to devise an approach. The list from yesterday is a list of things I already do. I am not struggling with them either. I really think I have been running a continuously dynamic tension chart in my head, weighing my goals (of honing habits of health) against the decisions I have to make in order to reach them. The first 2-3 weeks were all about finding the choices that will lead me to my goal, now I am making them habits.
Perhaps, in the near future, I will be able to revisit the Structural Tension chart for other goals in my life; be it financial, health, career, or other life related.
Perhaps I am feeling a little under-creative this evening.
Food Log Entries:
We were asked to build a couple of these charts from the list created yesterday. I sat staring at the list for 10 minutes unable to devise an approach. The list from yesterday is a list of things I already do. I am not struggling with them either. I really think I have been running a continuously dynamic tension chart in my head, weighing my goals (of honing habits of health) against the decisions I have to make in order to reach them. The first 2-3 weeks were all about finding the choices that will lead me to my goal, now I am making them habits.
Perhaps, in the near future, I will be able to revisit the Structural Tension chart for other goals in my life; be it financial, health, career, or other life related.
Perhaps I am feeling a little under-creative this evening.
FOOD | Tough Times, Habits Prevail
After a long night of being awake, and a long day of exhaustion, I have to say that I am proud my habits of eating healthy prevailed. I did not falter, I do not even recall that being an option. The old me would have given into the exhaustion induced stress and eaten a big bowl of ice cream, or half a frozen pizza, or both. I did have a bag of popcorn, SmartPop!, with my dinner of leftover soup. This may have been my answer to a comfort food. The popcorn was not the best choice, but it kept me under my calorie goal for the day. There were far worse options, there were far better options as well.
Here are my results for the day:
Food Log Entries:
Alarm went off at 5:10, I hit snooze 3 times, woke up at 5:40. The snooze was likely planned. I did not get to bed until 1:30 last night because the little one woke up at 11 and was unable to go to sleep. I am definitely dragging this morning. However, this is not a common thing, tomorrow will be a new day.This day serves as a great example. It supports my habit of health of eating healthy food being solidified into my lifestyle! This will be a good day to reflect on.
7:15 - Oatmeal (flax & bran infused), with frozen peaches and 2 packets of truvia. I have decided I will only eat a piece of toast with my high protein breakfast.
9:40 - I am dragging today. Proper rest is so very important, especially after a workout day. I did enjoy my string cheese and leftover chicken wrapped in a Romaine lettuce leaf. I am having a cup of coffee too.
12:30 - Dijon Chicken and Almonds with broccoli.
3:40 - 2 Cutie oranges and a string cheese.
5:40 - Leftover chicken tortilla soup and popcorn.
I hit a wall of exhaustion when I got home from work. I added it up, I was up for 21 hours yesterday, 4 hours of sleep, and then a full day of work. Sleep is crucial for recovery after a nice workout. Every thing compounded.


No comments:
Post a Comment