The 30 Day Challenge | Frames of Desire
In today's email Dr. A requests us to start a new weekly habit of health, eat a healthy breakfast at the start of every day. Not a problem, I have be doing this since I first started this journey. Of course, I have been refining my 1st Meal of the day for optimal effect.
DAY 22: Exercise: Frames of Desire
Direct link to the exercise: Day 22: Exercise: Frames of Desire.
List three current behaviors that fit into the Close-Up Frame.
I found the Close-up and Long-shot frames challenging to populate. Since my life priorities have changed, I no longer live in the close-up frame or long-shot frame. My decisions in the past 3 weeks are always weighed against my ultimate goal of optimal living. I have been fortunate enough to have the will power and knowledge to witness and practice this method of comparison. There is usually no contest, my mind is set.
The Long-shot frame was challenging because I have always been a believer that almost anything is achievable through hard work. If it can happen (within reason), it is likely that you are capable of it. When I look at my items in the Long-shot frame I realize that I didn't even list behaviors. There are none that come to mind, I probably could have left the list empty.
Which frame do you think we should spend our time in?
I believe we should be spending our time in the Medium-Shot frame. Close-up usually does not satisfy long term goals, and long-shot can overwhelm to the point where you give up on your goals.
DAY 22: Exercise: Frames of Desire
Direct link to the exercise: Day 22: Exercise: Frames of Desire.
List three current behaviors that fit into the Close-Up Frame.
- Having canned fruit when I should be having fresh fruit.
- Giving up on a workout rep because I am tired, when I could push on through.
- Driving faster than the speed limit because I want to get somewhere faster.
- Getting up and doing my morning routine to improve mental and physical health.
- Writing a blog for personal reflection and future guidance.
- Reading/Listening to self-help/motivational books to improve upon myself.
- I will write a book when I have more time.
- I will volunteer at church when I have more time.
- I will finish the basement when I have more time and money.
I found the Close-up and Long-shot frames challenging to populate. Since my life priorities have changed, I no longer live in the close-up frame or long-shot frame. My decisions in the past 3 weeks are always weighed against my ultimate goal of optimal living. I have been fortunate enough to have the will power and knowledge to witness and practice this method of comparison. There is usually no contest, my mind is set.
The Long-shot frame was challenging because I have always been a believer that almost anything is achievable through hard work. If it can happen (within reason), it is likely that you are capable of it. When I look at my items in the Long-shot frame I realize that I didn't even list behaviors. There are none that come to mind, I probably could have left the list empty.
Which frame do you think we should spend our time in?
I believe we should be spending our time in the Medium-Shot frame. Close-up usually does not satisfy long term goals, and long-shot can overwhelm to the point where you give up on your goals.
FOOD | NO to Leftover Tuna
Nothing out of the ordinary today until I got home and started compiling dinner. Things changed from the original menu on the fly due to some leftovers that had been shared with us from a family member. Read the food journal for more info.
Here are my results for the day:
Not bad, under my sodium goal and slightly over my daily calorie goal; even after the workout.
Food Log Entries:
Burpees
Mt. Climbers
Side Step Squats
Sit-ups
Tri-Dips
Sprint in place
Lunges
Planks
Beautiful!
Food Log Entries:
Neat, another lesson to learn from.
5:10 - Woke up pretty refreshed this morning. Gave myself a strict bed time of 10 last night and made it happen. The morning routine went very well.
6:05 - Standard Oatmeal, peaches , and toast for breakfast.
9:30 - Carrots, dip and cottage cheese.
12:35 - Leftover chicken pasta, and 3 servings of broccoli.
3:15 - Apple and a slice of cheese.
5:15 - Dinner was a bit of a mess tonight, had some left over veggies and prime rib. Threw the prime rib in the oven to warm up, put a potato in the microwave too long, put the tomatoes on fresh lettuce, and put my left over salad medley from Saturday on top. The potato was overcooked, didn't eat it. The left over salad stuff had tuna on it, one bite and I almost wretched, it taste like a harbor. The prime rib was good, I had a cheese stick and some almonds in place of the salad and potato.
EXERCISE | All Are Base Belong to Tabata
2 Tabatas sets today:Burpees
Mt. Climbers
Side Step Squats
Sit-ups
Tri-Dips
Sprint in place
Lunges
Planks
Beautiful!

No comments:
Post a Comment