The 30 Day Challenge | Frames of Reality
In today's email Dr. A turns our focus from the Frames of Desire to Frames of Reality.
Day 23: Exercise: Frames of Reality
Direct link to exercise: Day 23: Exercise: Frames of Reality
3 instances I have been caught up in the close-up frame of reality:
List three times that you have identified a behavior that wasn't in your best interest:
List three examples of when you used vague reasoning or generalization to explain away your behavior:
Where are we now in relation to our goal of optimal health?
I am on track! My mindset is in full support of a life of optimal health.
How has that point moved over time?
On Saturday March 9th, my point shifted abruptly and severely in a positive direction. The 30 day challenged has offered insight into my transition and has been a great resource in helping me down the tracks of my new life.
Can you see how much your thinking has shifted in these three short weeks?
Absolutely! The neat thing, if I had attempted the 30 day challenge prior to March 9th, I think the results would have been completely different. March 9th serves as the day I hit the switch in the tracks and decided to turn, the 30-day challenge has been the fuel in my engine. I continue to pull further and further away from the old tracks, and I am gaining momentum in the process.
Day 23: Exercise: Frames of Reality
Direct link to exercise: Day 23: Exercise: Frames of Reality
3 instances I have been caught up in the close-up frame of reality:
- I do not need to take any action to lose weight because I am fine at 250.
- I can not work out because I have no time.
- Healthy food is challenging, expensive, and time consuming, so I will stick to the easy crap.
List three times that you have identified a behavior that wasn't in your best interest:
- If I go out to eat, I run the risk of eating too much crap food.
- If I stay up too late and do not get enough sleep, it has a negative impact on the following day.
- If I rush myself out of the house every morning, I am increasing my stress levels.
List three examples of when you used vague reasoning or generalization to explain away your behavior:
- I have maintained 250 pound for more than a couple years and feel just fine, so I can continue living this way.
- Eating healthy food is hard to do because it is flavorless, I need the flavorful crap.
- I can not change my eating styles because my wife hasn't.
Where are we now in relation to our goal of optimal health?
I am on track! My mindset is in full support of a life of optimal health.
How has that point moved over time?
Can you see how much your thinking has shifted in these three short weeks?
Absolutely! The neat thing, if I had attempted the 30 day challenge prior to March 9th, I think the results would have been completely different. March 9th serves as the day I hit the switch in the tracks and decided to turn, the 30-day challenge has been the fuel in my engine. I continue to pull further and further away from the old tracks, and I am gaining momentum in the process.
FOOD | A Baby & Fast Food?!
My spicy soup on Sunday put my sister into labor! I have a new nephew!
Here are my results for the day:
Here are my results for the day:
Sodium almost double my daily goal, what happened?! Well, it started with canned tomatoes for breakfast followed by 2 servings of cottage cheese for Meal 2. The leftover sodium soup for lunch and turkey bacon for Meal 4.
My wife and I rode to the hospital with the parents, we stopped at Culver's for dinner. I opted to get the healthiest thing they offered, a salad with grilled chicken, no dressing.
Food Log Entries:
My wife and I rode to the hospital with the parents, we stopped at Culver's for dinner. I opted to get the healthiest thing they offered, a salad with grilled chicken, no dressing.
Food Log Entries:
6:00 - Egg Beaters with canned tomatoes (ran out of raw), cheese, and Frank's red hot with a piece of plain German wheat. I am concerned about my sodium levels, I am consistently over 2,500mg a day.I NEED to keep fresh produce in the house at all times. I believe this is the key to keeping my sodium intake down.
9:00 - Cottage Cheese and peaches for MEAL 2.
11:00 - I am dragging...the workload at work is much more than normal and I didn't have coffee this morning. I think that may be the problem. I do not feel as peppy as I normally do. That, and my little sister is in labor right now, and my wife is ready to pop with child. I feel like working out right now.
11:50 - Lunch was the left over soup from Sunday, healthy, excluding the high sodium from the ShoreLunch pre-mix. I will be focusing on minimizing my sodium.
3:00 - Cheese, turkey bacon, and lettuce. Awesome little snack, packed with 21g of protein and a ton of sodium...
6:00 - Busy evening,my sister had her baby. Rode to the hospital with parents, stopped at Culver's, had a healthy salad with no dressing and grilled chicken.
8:30 - A sip of red wine in celebration of red wine.

No comments:
Post a Comment